Oral Surgery/Tongue

I already saw the oral surgeon and he is board certified. I'm not sure I had this on tongue a few says ago when I saw him. But I do have a magic mouthwash so I will try that. It has Benadryl Maalox and lidocaine. I also gave mycelex troche. Should I try that combo? Will the fungal pills do any harm if it isn't fungus? What do you think of magic mouthwash?

Steve -  You should only take the fungal pills if the doctor who prescribed it took a culture in you mouth to confirm the fungal infection.  The magic mouthwash is quite benign and only is used to reduce soreness and to coat the tongue to prevent food to irritate the area.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC