Oral Surgery/Tongue prob

Question
Qpap
Qpap  

Trishaws
Trishaws  
Hello
I was diagnosed with geographic tongue. Now I noticed this yellowish coating on the back of my tongue. What is it? Is it just normal bacteria there? I took some mycelex today maybe that's causing the color? Dr didn't think it was fungal but said I could try it so I did. I do have a burning mouth at times. Also when I rub my tongue on roof of mouth above uvula area upper throat it feels pimply but maybe it supposed to. I am a huge hypochondriac and would appreciate a response. I have visited oral surgeon EnT and regular doctor and dentist. I didn't have the yellow on tongue at time though. This pic was after coffee an hour later. I sent the same pics a
To another expert on here stephen saxe and he said it is not geographic tongue and go followup with oral surgeon ASAP. Not the best thing to tell me especially since I've seen 7 doctors already. Why would he say that?? I trust your opinion. Please get back to me as I am in panic mode. Thanks.

Answer
Steve - I don't understand how Dr. Saxe can eliminate geographic tongue as a possible diagnosis.  Seeing a surgeon is  not a bad idea for a knowledgeable doctor to diagnose it in person.  Make sure that the surgeon you do see is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired