Oral Surgery/blood clot

Question
Hey doc about 3hrs of getting my top molar tooth extracted I was rinsing but not hard and I notice a string like object hanging and I was kind of nervous that I might have rinsed out a blood clot and if I did can it re form when look up there I see blood still so will I get dry socket this is the sec day now.

Answer
Eric - if the clot was removed, and that is what it sounds like, just bite again on piece of gauze for about 10 minutes and everything should heal well. You should not get a dry socket just from the lost of that clot.  Just don't smoke or eat hard food for a while.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired