Oral Surgery/muscle

Question
hello Prof Joel
wonder kindly what the cause of the unilateral facial muscle pain, how would you treat it, and how would you differentiate it from other unilateral facial diseases
thank you

Answer
Shahan - I would like to help resolve the problem, but I need some additional information as to better define what muscles are causing the pain.  Is the pain in the temple, in front of the ear, near the eyes, the jaw, the neck or any other possible locations. Please let me know more exactly where the pain is.  Please also tell me the type of pain.  Is it dull, sharp, throbbing or only a couple times a day.  What stimulates the pain or will it just occur without doing anything.  Are you having headache, earaches, neck stiffness or a sore throat.  

So get back to me and I'll try to come up with a cause and/or tell you what you can do reduce the pain.

Sorry, I don't know why this site change your name from Shahan to Hugo ---sorry.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired