Oral Surgery/Pre Post work

Well I had Post work done for a Post they are gonna do on my tooth,they filled it down and I think he put a filler or something there cause there was a white hard coating over it this was 4-5 days ago, However I was eating food, very soft mashed potatoes and i heard a pop on the tooth and I saw it had a little bubble maybe a little bigger then a pin needle head but I know its a blood bubble,it looks like dark red tar,I paniced and wiped it off but it keeps oozing that tary blood. It stops once it bleeds a little then restarts. No pain of course cause of the root canal. I was only curious if thats a bad thing. And what should i do?

Steve -  Good or bad depends on the cause of the bleeding.  Could you please tell me where exactly the bleeding occurs. Does it come around that white filling?  Does it come from the gums?  Does it come from anywhere else?  So please tell me where exactly the bleeding is occurring.  

If it from around the filling, you are lucky.  With bleeding like that, no pressure or pain builds up within the tooth.

So get back to me and let me know where it shows up.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC