Oral Surgery/Cyst in roof of mouth of my 28 month old granddaughter

Question
A cyst has been discovered on the roof of my granddaughter's mouth.  Coincidentally, her molars are in the process of coming in.  What possible cause of the cyst may there be?

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Answer
Good morning Harve,

This is most likely an Eruption cyst. The mucosa might be slightly blue. There is no treatment usually necessary, unless the cyst slows down the eruption of the tooth. Then a slight cut over the lesion would resolve the issue.  Obviously without an examination, the provided information by me is limited. I advise you to see an oral surgeon locally to rule out any other lesions.

Oral Surgery

Majid Jamali, D.M.D. Fellowship trained in corrective jaw surgery