Oral Surgery/drysocket

Question
I had my top teeth pulled to have a denture put it .. As of today it has been 3weeks the gums have not healed yet. They told me i had dry socket. Which at this time there is bone showing in 2 exraction sites. They gave me medicine to put in the dry socket. What would be the next step for them to do to the top gum ?

Answer
Hi Diana,
Dry socket developing from extraction of upper teeth is very rare. You might want them to open up the gums and trim some of that bone. But do this only if it is currently hurting you. I would wait 6 weeks until the final denture is made.

Oral Surgery

Majid Jamali, D.M.D. Fellowship trained in corrective jaw surgery