Oral Surgery/Infected tooth

Question
Mouth
Mouth  

Teeth
Teeth  
Hi
7 years ago i was being treated for my infected tooth and was having a root canal treatment but in 2009 one of the orthodontists broke my tooth by accident and covered the part remaining with a temporary tooth. So a part of the tooth is still remaining. They said when i turn 17 they would take it out and replace it ( it was meant to fall out by then but its still on - i'm 18 now)  Since then i haven't been treated, last year around December, an abscess grew on top of the left tooth which is infected,  i had gone back to the dentist who gave me a course of antibiotics. I went back again to the dentist as i was in a lot of pain so he tried draining out the abscess, it went slightly down however its still there. He also said the infection has spreaded and now its beyond him to treat it so I need specialists to treat it. However may appointment is now in May. Im in a lot of pain and discomfort for a long time now, my general health has been really bad recently too. i've been having really bad breathing difficulties especially at night and really bad headaches, i'm loosing a lot of weight and i'm not eating like usual, i don't like eating anymore.

I had an MRI brain scan because of the issues i was having ( this year february), this wasnt due to my tooth as at the time, my tooth pain wasnt bad, it was more due to headaches and blurry vision however it was clear and my mouth when i saw inside was, well really bad.

is there a possible link of reduced eyesight due to root canal infection leaving untreated for 5 years? as my left tooth was infected and my left eyesight was going (now very poor) and now my right tooth is infected and right eyesight has reduced?

The past few days i've been feeling even worse. The right front tooth has been very painful - I'm assuming when the dentist said the infection has spreaded it is gone to this tooth too since its very sore. My right jaw has begun to be painful, find it hard to sallow without water and it feels like theres something stuck in my throat when i swallow without food or water too. My eye sight (left) was weak, and now it has gone worse. My right eye has gone weak which was fine before. The roof of my mouth is a light yellow/pale pink colour in the middle. My face burns, tingles and twitches its really painful, its goes numb too. especially my left side. Today i saw a pus fulled ulcer like spot on my tonsils which are really inflamed, not painful or sore, just difficulty swallowing, brown dots have appeared on my tongue.  Im having stabbing pains behind my tonsils, near to the back of my throat. I think the pain is gradually getting worse. My head felt numb, when i sleep on my left side or even lay down, the left side (left front tooth is infected) my face goes puffy but i regain my position as im scared it will swell. Cheekbones and jaw have been quite a pain especially when eating. i have a deep pain right at the back of my throat going down- like in my windpipe you could say.

Please could you give advice or feedback as the doctors appointment is a whole month away. and the dentists as you know cant treat me and the specialists appointment is really too far for me. what is your advice? Please suggest whatever you can.  I also developed small red and pink type dots(tiny patches/dots) around my arms and face, they aren't painful or itchy but im assuming its due to my tooth infection, i've had the for around 5 years as i have no other health problems that i know of and it was around the time my tooth was infected? The abscess above the infected tooth has been there since December 2013.The ulcer on my tonsils (if its is an ulcer) i noticed today but there has been shooting pains there for a while so im not sure if it was present before or not. the  one on my tonsils- the pain is radiating to my right ear- like a burning prickly feeling.

If you could email me back, i can send more pictures of my teeth and mouth if necessary.

Thank you for you time!

Answer
Hello Alla,

I think your problem is way too complex to be treated over an email. I don't understand why you cannot see an Oral surgeon on an emergency base.
Yes teeth infection can lead to a variety of disorders including eye problems known as uveitis but the whole picture you are describing seems to be beyond an abcessed tooth (like head numbness ). Even a dentist could treat your infected teeth and remove the part of the root which is infected and place you under antibiotics like Penicillin. This will show if it helps the symptoms you are describing.
I am sure you could find a private oral surgeon in your area who can solve your intricate problems.

Best Regards

Dr.MANNAI

Oral Surgery

Chawket MANNAI, DDS,Ph.D Diplomate ABOMS