Oral Surgery/terrified of dry socket

I had my wisdom teeth out this morning later that night i had vegetable soup. I can no longer see the blood that was there. i feel no pain but I'm terried I'm destined for dry socket now. can you put my mind at ease?

Lacey - Relax, a dry socket often does not happen even with a number different things that might alter the blood flow to the area.  Most dry sockets occur from an internal irritant that is only exaggerated by irritants.

So leave the area alone and beginning tomorrow start warm salt water rinses for about 1-2 minutes, 4-5 times a day.  So relax.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC