Oral Surgery/wisdom teeth removal

Question
Im 18 and got one of my wisdom teeth pulled and I'm scared to get the other pulled because of the needles. Am I suppose to sleep with the gauze in my mouth? Also how long before the bleeding slows down or stop?

Answer
Porsher, Thank you for your question. First and foremost, you should not sleep with gauze in your mouth. If you are actively bleeding, you should place gauze until it stops and you should not sleep if you are actively bleeding. With respect to the needles, this will not be an issue if you have sedation and go to sleep for the procedure.

Oral Surgery

James M. Ryan. DDS, MS; Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon