Oral Surgery/bump on inner left mandible

Good Evening,

The last 3 days, I have felt with my tongue, a hard pellet sized lump on the inner right mandible, about an inch below my first molar on the lower right side. Its hard, round and not moveable. I felt on the left side in the same area that feels almost alike but not as profound as the right side.I felt both areas with my finger and I can tell there is a small round bump, as hard as a pellet on that right side. Ironically, I just had my dental examination with a PANO and Bitewings, along with a Cleaning and the provider said there was no cavities or issues. Basically I was wondering if this is something to be concerned about or could this just be normal? No Fever, swollen lymph nodes ect. I do get apthous Ulcers due to using SLS toothpaste every now and then, but other than that, no issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It is possible that this lump may be the result of mild trauma to the floor of your mouth that has resulted in a small lymph node.  It is impossible for me to confirm this or even continue to guess what this may be, even with your detailed description I would urge you to follow up with a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon in your area immediately for a comprehensive exam and a thorough review of your panorex.

Good luck

Oral Surgery

Steven A Saxe D.M.D. Board Certified ABOMS

The Dental specialty of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery practice for 22 years

Washington University School of Dental Medicine D.M.D. Sinai Hospital of Detroit Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery