Oral Surgery/Hard pellet bump, lower right lingual mandible

Question
Good Evening,

The last 3 days, I have felt with my tongue, a hard pellet sized lump on the inner right mandible, about an inch below my first molar on the lower right side. Its hard, round and not moveable. I felt on the left side in the same area that feels almost alikem but not as profound as the right side.I felt both areas with my finger and I can tell there is a small round bump, as hard as a pellet on that right side. Its not visible as you would see with Tori, but you can easily feel it. Ironically, I just had my dental examination with a PANO and Bitewings, along with a Cleaning and the provider said there was no cavities or issues. Basically I was wondering if this is something to be concerned about or could this just be normal? No Fever, swollen lymph nodes ect. I do get apthous Ulcers due to using SLS toothpaste every now and then, but other than that, no issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Answer
Scottie - Of course, I cannot be oompletely sure without examining you, but what you describe could be tori, but it could also be bony anatomical sites of attachment of muscles and/or ligaments.  At those sites, the bone will slightly extend out for the attachment.  Is that what you are describing?  I really cannot be sure without an examination.  If you have no symptoms you probably do not need to worry, but if you have to be sure, make an appointment with a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon to evaluate the areas.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired