Oral Surgery/Lower Wisdom Teeth Extraction

Can you please recommend an oral surgeon in the Boston area? I need someone who has experience in dealing with complicated lower wisdom teeth extractions. I would prefer someone with a conservative approach.

I am 56 years old. I have 2 very impacted wisdom teeth which lie right on the nerves. My dentist has told me he thinks the extractions are going to be complicated and risky and there could be more risk in having them extracted than in leaving them in.

I have had oral surgeons examine the teeth in the past and they were fearful of removing the teeth because of possible complications. I was also examined at Tufts Dental School and there was a split opinion on having the wisdom teeth extracted or leaving them alone.

I would great appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,

ANSWER: Bob-I am away from my information that I would need to help you.  I will be able to send you the information Sat late or Sunday, if that is okay with you.

QUESTION: Dr. Teig, Yes, that is fine.  I look forward to hearing from you.  I greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Bob - The following doctors are highly skilled and associated with oral and maxillofacial surgical residency programs. They are skilled and have a history of surgical knowledge.

1) Dr. Pushkar Mehra - (617) 414-4816

2) Dr. Maria Troulis - (617) 726-8222

3) Dr. Maria Papageorge - (617) 636-6515

These knowledgeable doctors are associated with surgical residency programs where they are exposed to anatomical situations similar to yours.  Call and ask to be seen by these doctors and no a surgical resident.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC