Oral Surgery/Floor of mouth

Question
Hello.  I have been experiencing pain in the right portion of the floor of my mouth.  My dentist did not find anything on the panoramic xray that was taken; however, when I run my finger along both sides of the floor of my mouth, it feels "raised" (almost lumpy) all the way around.  Is this how the floor of the mouth should feel or should it be "flat" and smooth?  I just want to make sure that something abnormal is not being overlooked.  

Thank you for your time.

Answer
It may be possible that you have a salivary gland stone which could feel the way you describe.  Please see a board certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in your area to determine the exact diagnosis and treatment.  It is nearly impossible for me to give you a diagnosis by this means.

Oral Surgery

Steven A Saxe D.M.D. Board Certified ABOMS