Oral Surgery/extractions & alveoplasty,pain meds

Question
hello,i was secuduled  for the removal of the rest of my teeth on the 9th. was referred to this surgeon because i have to b put to sleep[severe fear of dental} last min.he says i should get the alveoplasty,but i have dent-cal & said they donít cover this.so i need to come up with$500 witch i donít have.i agree this is a good thing being that i canít go thru this stress again.the pain meds get me very sick is there always going to be severe pain with this procedure is there anything else that should be done while Iím under?can you recommend a program that can help pay for this as Iím on ssi fixed income. is there another surgeon you recommend to do this procedures as i donít feel comfortable with this surgeon. it was very hard for me to get this far.ive never been able to smile meet people ect. i was diag. with diabetes last year so eating proper is very hard.keeping my levels at a healthy range is getting better but the stress of all this is bad please help.thank you

Answer
Brenda, The best advice I can give you under these circumstances is to find a dental school near you and they will most likely discount the fee's and be able to treat you appropriately. I am sure you will be able to find one near you. I hope that helps.

Oral Surgery

James M. Ryan. DDS, MS; Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon