Oral Surgery/Irritation

I think either the peridex or the glyoxide causes irritation on side of tongue. I think it actually caused canker like  sores. I also think I figured out this problem. I think when I relax I unconsciously rub my tongue over lower teeth and that's what is causing the marks. I also have a sharp tooth there from grinding and clenching which explains the tmj like pain. Take a look.

Steve -  The sides of your tongue look completely normal.  If I were to take a picture of my tongue, and I'm not going to do that, I have more furrows on the sides and top of my tongue than you.  My tongue is normal and I have had those furrows for years.  I keep it all clean by brushing and rinsing a couple time a day.  So it looks just fine.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC