Oral Surgery/Lingual tonsil and taste bud

Question
Lining
Lining  
Laj
Laj  
QUESTION: Look at lingual tonsil and taste bud. This one taste bud is irritated and I can move it with my finger almost as if it wants to fall off. Is this a concern?

ANSWER: Steve - Stop it -it is all normal.

QUESTION: Well the last couple days i have had horrible taste in mouth. Almost metallic like taste. I know that could be from a million things but it's horrible. I called about fungal culture they said it takes 3-4 weeks.

ANSWER: Steve -  yes the culture takes a while but the results could help you in the long run.

QUESTION: The burning mouth is coming back and I'm wondering if it could be Sjögren's syndrome. Is that a possibility or not likely?

Answer
Steve - If you are really concerned, see an oral and maxillofacial surgeon to biopsy your tongue or see and epidemiologist.  Stop looking and driving yourself crazy with the tongue that you are magnifying any appearance by keep looking at it.  The more you pull out the tongue, the drier it gets and problems arise.  Leave it alone and don't dwell on it.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired