Oral Surgery/Look at this

Question
Qhat
Qhat  
QUESTION: Hi dr Joel
Mouth feels dry and tongue feels numb. Look at the back of my tongue. What is all that? Zoom in and u can see close.

ANSWER: Steve -  It looks like, from your picture, that you are pointing out the uvula.  A normal part of the soft palate.

QUESTION: No I meant all that stuff covering tongue.

Answer
steve -  that is bacteria accumulation on the surface of the tongue.  You need to be brushing your tongue a minimum of twice a day with regular toothpaste, then rinse with Listerine for 30 seconds twice a day.  Nothing to eat or drink for 30 minutes minimum after the rinse and the tongue with improve.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired