Oral Surgery/More pics

QUESTION: Here are pics after coffee. Papillae feel inflammed in back. Please help.

ANSWER: Steve - relax, I see nothing wrong.

QUESTION: Thank you so much for everything. Being a hypochondriac is awful and you have been terrific. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer my questions and easing my mind.

Steve -  So what you are seeing appears normal and you should just allow it to be.  Important, every day, everybody should and I recommend it to everyone, needs to very gently brush our tongue, after we brush our teeth.   The main reason is to remove bacteria that accumulates on the tongue, but it releases easily and brushing with a little tooth paste is sufficient. DO IT VERY LIGHTLY AND DON'T SCRUB!!!!

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC