Oral Surgery/Tongue question

Question
Morning
Morning  

After
After  
Hi dr Joel
Tongue marks still there on tongue. Went to many drs and none were concerned and said its tmj related. I'm not sure if I buy that. The weird thing is that it looks a lot better when I wake up but as day goes on it gets worse. When I drink coffee I get a sandpaper feeling in tongue abd it's very dry. What could this be? I was treated for fungus it wasn't that. Dr said it's more of a nuisance than anything to worry about.

Answer
Steve -  As I said in my previous response, it looks like the areas are due to the normal functioning of chewing, talking and swallowing everyday.  So during the day normal functions are what creates these minor irritations that you see on your tongue.  This is completely normal.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired