Oral Surgery/Tongue and redness question

Gaff ffd
Gaff ffd  

Still have tongue marks on side. The weird thing is that when I wake up you can barely see them. As the day goes on and I talk more etc it gets more pronounced and red. Been to a bunch of drs and 2 oral surgeons and ENTs. None showed concern. They all seem to think its tmj related but I don't buy that. Why would the redness get worse throughout the day?

Steve the areas get redder just through normal function.  If your bite was perfect there still might be some spots of irritation with normal opening and closing.  So you just need to relax and listen to the doctors who have examined you.

So you do appear to have any pathological process going on.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC