Oral Surgery/Scar tissue

I have old scars and scar tissue on my face from many years ago, and I was wondering is it normal or coincidence that the scar tissue will form pimples and become inflamed from time to time?

Desirai - It is not normal for scar tissue to form pimples and become inflamed.  Usually when this happens, it indicates that the doctor who removed the sutures did not completely remove them and some of the material is left below the scar tissue.

It might be a good idea to have a dermatologist to evaluate and remove the stitch if there.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC