Oral Surgery/Scar tissue

Question
Hello,

I have old scars and scar tissue on my face from many years ago, and I was wondering is it normal or coincidence that the scar tissue will form pimples and become inflamed from time to time?

Answer
Desirai - It is not normal for scar tissue to form pimples and become inflamed.  Usually when this happens, it indicates that the doctor who removed the sutures did not completely remove them and some of the material is left below the scar tissue.

It might be a good idea to have a dermatologist to evaluate and remove the stitch if there.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired