Oral Surgery/Cavities and tooth decay

Bad teeth
Bad teeth  
What's going on in my mouth I'm going through so much pain and I'm only 18

Chantel   - the pictures show large areas of decay.  This decay has eaten through the enamel of the teeth and has entered the dentin layer that that extensive nerve endings and any stimulation can produce pain.  You need to see a dentist to clean the decay and hopefully only place fillings, unless the decay has entered the nerves of the teeth.  If that has happened only a root canal can remove the affected tooth nerve to eliminate the pain and save the teeth.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC