Oral Surgery/Post 6 day 3rd molar extraction

3rd molar extraction post 6 days
3rd molar extraction p  
"I was wondering if the attached image has evidence of dry socket of the third molar."

Anthony -  A picture of a socket does not define or even help determining if the socket is suffering as a dry socket.  If, besides pain, there is a very bad taste in the patient's mouth along with a very bad breath, then the pain associated might define it as a dry socket.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC