Oral Surgery/toride removal

Question
I recently had both toride removed from my lower jaw for a partial by 2 different surgeons.(Extremely big & were done seperatly).1st surgery on my left went well & healed quickly with no problems. 2nd surgery 10 days later is a nightmare & is infected with ulcerations @ the surgery site. I am in pain with an extremely bad sore throat & earache along with the pain from the infection and ulcerations. He also left a small protruding bone at the front which I can move with my tongue up & down & is very painful.I was on norco& clindamycin 150mg 4xday by both Drs.which I finished. My dentist referred me to another surgeon who has me on clindamycin 300mg 4xday & is waiting because of the infection to do anything. I return to see him in 7 days.  Why would the 2nd guy (called him 4 days after surgery per dentists request & he has never returned my call) leave protruding bone [about 1/4 x 1/4 square]??? Should this have been removed also??  Why all the complications?? Did he screw up??? I have done exactly the same things as I did after the first surgery.     Thank you for your time and advice.

Answer
I'm not sure of the surgeons opinion on what was accomplished if I just took in consideration what you have told me it obviously sounds like a "screw up".  I can't make an educated decision without reviewing all the details.  I recommend that you follow up with a board certified oral and Maxillofacial surgeon in your area to examine you, the pre and post op X-rays and the doctors notes before anyone could determine any wrongdoing.

Good Luck

Oral Surgery

Steven A Saxe D.M.D. Board Certified ABOMS