Oral Surgery/wisdom teeth removal & surgically upright tooth

Question
My 12 year old has braces and his Orthodontist says his wisdom teeth need to be removed and that tooth number 18 needs to be surgically uprighted because it is in prone position. I don't have the money for this number one, and number two, I cannot find an oral surgeon to do this, that accepts my insurance.  

Is this necessary at such a young age?  What about removing the wisdom teeth later and just uprighting number 18?

Answer
You can't upright the tooth while the wisdom tooth is present. 12 is very young to have the procedure done. Depending on the position of the tipped tooth it may be more prudent to remove it and allow the wisdom tooth to erupt normally in a few years and remove the others if necessary after age 16.

Oral Surgery

David Wright