Oral Surgery/Tongue mark

Question
Bobby
Bobby  

Mann
Mann  
What is this tongue mark near tip? It's flat shiny red but when I wake up u can barely see it. Could be a mild form of geographic tongue? It's been there for a while and none of the drs seem concerned at all? It doesn't hurt. Maybe I'm unconsciously rubbing it agAinst teeth?

Answer
Steve -  Of course, without examining you I cannot be completely sure, but it appears to be a very common situation that occurs in many.  It is by normal rubbing of the tongue against the upper front teeth in swallowing.  

Relax, this is normal.  Just leave it alone.  The surface cells have been rubbed, but the tongue is fine.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired