Oral Surgery/Tongue mark

What is this tongue mark near tip? It's flat shiny red but when I wake up u can barely see it. Could be a mild form of geographic tongue? It's been there for a while and none of the drs seem concerned at all? It doesn't hurt. Maybe I'm unconsciously rubbing it agAinst teeth?

Steve -  Of course, without examining you I cannot be completely sure, but it appears to be a very common situation that occurs in many.  It is by normal rubbing of the tongue against the upper front teeth in swallowing.  

Relax, this is normal.  Just leave it alone.  The surface cells have been rubbed, but the tongue is fine.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC