Oral Surgery/Crater-like ulceration on hard palate and alveolar ridge mucosa

Photos explain it better:

- Minimal, sporadic pain,
- 4 weeks and still growing,
- No extractions in near past,
- No drugs administered last year,
- Oral thrush,
- Burning mouth syndrome,
- Gastroesophageal reflux,
Thank you in advance

Eugen - from the pictures, you have a severe inflammatory condition that is destroying the gum tissue in the area.  This is a problem that needs to be examined quickly.  My suggestion is for you to make an appointment with Institute of Oncology in Chisinau.  Do not wait before that area of ulceration gets worse and begins to cause problems in your sinus or elsewhere.

I wish you well and hope they can reverse the problem.  If you have additional questions, feel free to contact me again.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC