Oral Surgery/Wisdom Teeth Removal

Wisdom teeth site
Wisdom teeth site  

Wisdom teeth site 2
Wisdom teeth site 2  
I got my impacted wisdom teeth taken out on April 7th and it is now April 10th. I'm wondering if the extraction sites look like they're healing well to you. I'm having some pain and a little throbbing and I'm worried that I have dry socket but since I've never had a tooth pulled, I'm not sure what pain is not normal. Thank you so much. I have a follow-up appointment on the 13th but I worry a lot and wanted an opinion before then.

Hi Mary,
Difficult to see from these photos, but usually I advise my patients that the first 4 days it will be rather tender, swollen. I would advise you of taking 1g paracrtamol and 400mg ibuprofen 3 times a day and irrigate your mouth couple of times daily with salty water. As long as your General health not affected such as fever should not be worried

Hope this helps

Oral Surgery

Dr. Reza Parsa DDS, MSc.

I am to answer questions related to dento-alveolar-surgery and dental Implants

Dentist with 10 years of experience in dento-alveolar-surgery and Implants

1-British Association of Oral Surgeons, 2-British Dental Association, 3- Royal College of Surgeons London, 4- Royal Society of Medicine

Oral Surgery Journal- UK

Degree of Dental Surgery and Master of Medicine Science

1- Best Young Dentist award - UK 2009, 2- Best Practice award from British dental association 2009,2010,2011,2012, 3- Best Practice award in decontamination- Local authority, 4- Vocational Trainer.