Oral Surgery/Better pic

Here is a close up of the spot on tongue that bothers me the most. It's red and raw and comes and goes. I think certain foods and drinks aggravate it more. The ent said its a geographic tongue spot. But I don't think so. It's always there just more prominent on certain days.

Steve - It is really minor irritation from its appearance.  It could be a geographic lesion, but it is definitely not a lesion that appears to be dangerous.  Just leave the area alone and it will resolve.  You might have oral habits when sleeping that might irritate the tongue.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC