Oral Surgery/Better pic

Question
Nsksjsj
Nsksjsj  
Here is a close up of the spot on tongue that bothers me the most. It's red and raw and comes and goes. I think certain foods and drinks aggravate it more. The ent said its a geographic tongue spot. But I don't think so. It's always there just more prominent on certain days.

Answer
Steve - It is really minor irritation from its appearance.  It could be a geographic lesion, but it is definitely not a lesion that appears to be dangerous.  Just leave the area alone and it will resolve.  You might have oral habits when sleeping that might irritate the tongue.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired