Oral Surgery/Morning pic

Here's what it looks like in the am when I wake up. I have a bad deviated septum and sleep w mouth open a lot. My concern is could this be candida. Or some type of fungus. None of my Drs thought so. Does it look like it to u?

Steve - The surface irregularity, especially of color is due to bacterial and debris accumulation on the surface.  Like I have advised previously, you need to use a gentle brushing of the surface of your tongue with a toothbrush and toothpaste.  

It still looks normal, just not clean.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC