Oral Surgery/Tongue follow ups

QUESTION: I'm not sure what you mean about gland tissue. These markings look like rubbing against teeth inadvertently or some sort of papillitis. Look at this picture as I moved my tongue to side to show you these ridges of what look like papillae.

ANSWER: Steve -  Again, the tongue looks normal.  If I were to take a picture of my tongue and show you, you would see deep fissure, areas of red and areas not as red.  You might see area of a hair like projection.  So the tongue manifests normal appearance is hundreds of ways.  If you doctor says it all look normal, then listen to them.

QUESTION: It's not that I don't believe him. But it's been going on so long and I know what feels right and what doesn't. I get this tingling sensation and warm feeling in my mouth all the time which I've never had in my life. Whatever it is it's something. What it is I have no idea. The back of my tongue has that dry coating and I get this weird taste in mouth.

Steve- I completely understand your frustration. I do not know where you live, but if it is in a large city or near one, see if there is a dental school there.  If so ask to be evaluated by an oral pathologist on staff.  Your other option is to find a dental residency nearby and have won the doctors there evaluation.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC