Oral Surgery/Strange sensation in temple after wisdom teeth extraction

Question
I had all of my wisdom teeth removed a couple of days ago and there is a new sensation in my left temple. It's like there's a fracture or a piece of bone. When I massage the area, there's a kind of rough, scraping feeling. Is it possible that the pterion could've been fractured or that there is some kind of bone splinter all the way up there?  Little background, the top wisdom tooth on the left side was fully erupted and square, but the bottom was fully impacted.

Answer
Well first I would like to commend you knowledge of anatomy but I honestly don't believe that removal of an erupted upper wisdom tooth would be responsible for an injury as you portray.  You probably have some swelling that has tracked up your temporalis muscle giving you your symptoms.  Your best bet would be to see a board certified oral & Maxillofacial surgeon in your area for an opinion ASAP for a possible infection or air that has gone up in that area

Good Luck  

Oral Surgery

Steven A Saxe D.M.D. Board Certified ABOMS