Oral Surgery/Genioplasty failure

Question
Dear Dr. joel

Im 10 months post op advancement sliding genioplasty, it was poorly done and caused me aesthetic side effects, as the results are not getting any better, i want to have a full reversal, what should be considered to have a succesful reversal and avoid any further damage like skin sagging and lower lip drooping?

Thank You

Answer
Jeje -  the results of the sliding genioplasty performed on you, most likely, was performed by a doctor not properly trained or skilled.  You need to see a skilled doctor.  I am sure that I do not know your doctor, but I am sure there is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon who practices in Saudi Arabia who is skilled.  So you need a second opinion or you may have to see a surgeon elsewhere.   A second possible solution would be to see a plastic surgeon.  I wish I could be more helpful, but unfortunately, I do not know a surgeon near you.

If I can help in any way, be sure to get back to me.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired