Oral Surgery/old pictures

Question
old
old  
old
old  
QUESTION: Here is when it all started way back in december. This is what it used to look like. I never had this problem my whole life. started in december.

ANSWER: Steve - Every day of the year, every month and every year the appearance of everyone's tongue changes. So the difference you show from one time to another is normal.  Leave it alone.  If not you are going to drive yourself to a psychological challenge and that could be dangerous.

QUESTION: I don't see the need to go to mass general for this. We have oral and maxillofacial surgeons here. I went to one a few times already. I've also been to numerous ents. An ent is the dr for tongues so they say. All I know is I'm not making this up and I'm not searching for issues. I feel the grainy raw feeling on tongue and I can't get a decent explanation from anyone yet I still have this issue. Those pictures I sent definitely do not look like a normal tongue. Something is going on.

Answer
Steve -  the pictures you have sent me are quite common.  A high percentage all get changes on the surface of the tongue.  Having examined thousands of people during my many years in practice, I never saw anyone who did have a perfect tongue.  That is because daily changes are normal.  You need to relax and accept and be realistic about your normalcy.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired