Oral Surgery/More pics

Question
Ansna
Ansna  
Nsnsn
Nsnsn  
QUESTION: Here is today after supper. It's not as noticeable in morning but gets redder and more pronounced as day goes on. I can feel the grainy texture that's how I know. Maybe the papillae are elongated and that's what's causing this? First pic u can see the cracks. Second pic is back of tongue.

ANSWER: Steve - You have to stop checking out your tongue all the time.  There is nothing wrong!!  Leave it alone.

QUESTION: I'm not making this up. You can see the pics. This definitely does not look normal. It certainly doesn't feel normal either. It feels like sandpaper and it's very grainy rough feeling.

Answer
Steve -  You live in Rhode Island.  In Boston there is Mass General Hospital.  That hospital has a wonderful oral and maxillofacial surgical residency.  I suggest, for you peace, you should make an appointment there.  The doctors there are highly skilled and should be able to evaluate you in person.  I hope that gives you an answer that will make you comfortable.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired