Oral Surgery/Surgery

I have been seen by my dentist, an orthodontist,an oral surgeon and an ear nose and throat specialist for severe sleep apnea( 59 interruptions an hour). CPAP wasn't for me. The group recommended upper and lower reconstructive jaw surgery with enhancement of most of my teeth. My dentist of 25 yeRs is trusted by me and is the lead on this recommended procedure-. Last November (2014) I visited Arnett and Gunson in Santa Barbara California. I was very impressed with dr Gunson however I am not cray about the travel for surgery. I am in Louisville Kentucky . Are their others closer by with the experience in MMS surgery similar to Dr Gunson?
Ed Heustis

Ed - I am not personally from Kentucky, but there are not many surgeons there that do perform MMA surgery and have the credentials and experience necessary.  

From my research, Dr. Wayne Collin, Lexington, KY - (859) 258-4371 - is a DMD, MD - had extensive experience and excellent training in both oral and maxillofacial surgery and ear, nose and throat.  He seems to be the best doctor I could find to help you and be relatively close.

If for some reason, you need me to do further research for you, do not hesitate to get back to me.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC