Oral Surgery/Zoomed in pic

Question
zoo
zoo  

Bbsns
Bbsns  
Here is a zoomed in picture of my tongue. I would like to know what those skin like things are. They are white and look all dried out. My concern is that I've been dealing with this problem now for a long time. Some of these red spots are a little raw feeling but nothing painful. More annoying than anything bc my tongue feels like sandpaper.  There's gotta be a cause here but I can't seem to find it. I need to get it in my head that no matter the cause it's nothing serious. Could u take a close look at the pic and set my mind at ease? Thanks!!

Answer
Steve - those furrows in your tongue are normal.  Their purpose is to allow your tongue to widen and expand during its functioning.  Again RELAX - your tongue is normal and your are creating any irritations that occur.

You need to speak with a psychotherapist immediately before you produce self inflicted damage.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired