Oral Surgery/bone and part of tooth left in

Question
I Had oral surgery to remove my remaining teeth and dentures put in. I had surgery a couple of years before to take out teeth and this one tooth in the front was left in. The dentist argued with me and I finally gave in so he charged me for that same tooth again this time. The huge problem is that that tooth is still partially in my mouth. THere was a chip of bone there on top of it and I went and he took that out but didnt take an x ray. He was in a hurry and I felt like I was inconviencing him and I asked him if he was sure there was no more tooth there he said No on his way out of the room. When I was unnumb again I realized that part of tooth was still there. Also there was another tooth that a chip of bone had been in which I removed myself and that site is finally healing. I am going back on Monday and he is going to remove this tooth. THe other problem is that I have fibromyalgia and myalgic enchephelomyelitis so this will delay my healing and recovery time.
It also still feels like there are little strings in the front gum but my main issue is the teeth and peices of bone being left. this has made me very depressed. Hopefully you have some advice. Thank you.

Answer
Lexy -I cannot be sure with examining you but for the dentist to leave pieces there of tooth and bone and knowing it was there, the dentist is all wrong.  He is obviously non-caring and not professional. He better bend over backwards and not charge you to correct his poor treatment.  The trouble is, if he is like many dentists, he will not acknowledge that he did not do correct treatment.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired