Oral Surgery/oral-antral fistula

Question
Dear Expert,

My Dentist did not warn me & broke off part of my Jaw while extracting a Tooth a rear Molar...this has caused an oral-antral fistula.  Should I press charges or something I have never had Dental Complications before? Thank You for Answering.

Answer
David-this is a difficult question for me to answer  without, at least, viewing an Xray of the area.  The dentist should have warned you in advance of the difficulty of the extraction, the possibility of injury to the sinus and any other possible problem that might occur during the extraction.

You need to see a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon to help in closing the hole into your sinus a allowing it all heal.  Your dentist should assist in helping you find a board certified surgeon.  Arranging for a legal evaluation is not a bad idea.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired