Oral Surgery/Tongue

Question
Nsnsns
Nsnsns  
Mannsssnss
Mannsssnss  
QUESTION: I visited a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and got the reassurance I was looking for. My one question is he told me to use arm and hammer baking soda and peroxide toothpaste. I tried it but it seems like it irritates my tongue more. Could that be possible and what is your opinion on that toothpaste. Here is a current pic or two of tongue. Still has the redness near tip but  not worried about it.maybe I'm allergic to something in the toothpastes that I use. Do u see the redness I'm referring to?

ANSWER: Steve - If the arm and hammer plus peroxide burns, then dilute the peroxide with water before you mix.

QUESTION: It's not a mix its the actual tube of toothpaste. It's called arm and hammer baking soda and peroxide toothpaste. Also is it bad to keep using kenalog in orabase?

Answer
Steve -  the kenalog in orabase should not be used without a direct examination by the doctor prescribing it, a minimum of once a month.  The kenalog if used too long can cause lesions due to its ability to reduce the body's chance to heal.

I still say, mix the tooth paste with water to dilute it a little.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired