Oral Surgery/Tongue worse

Question
Nsns
Nsns  
Nansns
Nansns  
QUESTION: The tongue is a lot worse now. This does not look normal
With all due respect. It's raw and has grown in size. I have a few pictures. Can you tell me your advice please and what it looks like to u? Do u think it could be squamous cell or
Anything serious? It looks alarming and awful.

ANSWER: Steve - what you ask about looks like an area of irritation.  If you question this, you should see a local oral surgeon to biopsy the area, but it looks like irritation.

Dddd
Dddd  
Ddd
Ddd  
QUESTION: He's the expert and I'm the patient. I saw him 2 weeks ago he said no need for biopsy. Does this look at all like squamous was my question ? Does it look like geographic tongue ? Would u go back to doctor if u had what I had in picture or would you be satisfied?sent u pics too. Thanks

ANSWER: Steve -  it looks like a normal healthy tongue with small areas of thinning of the surface tissue due to a localized abrasion.

Bznzb
Bznzb  

Bbbb
Bbbb  
QUESTION: Does this look like it's from rubbing against lower teeth?

Answer
Steve-  I cannot tell you the cause, but if you were examined a dentist should be able to determine the cause of your areas by watching you chew, speak, swallow and other habits, such as tongue thrusting. There are so many causes and they cannot be determined unless you are examined.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired