Oral Surgery/Wisdom teeth removal recovery

When can i skateboard after getting 4 wisdom teeth removed? I still have swelling and jaw stiffness but no pain. Also i have mouth stitches. Is it ok if go tomorrow after getting them out last wednesday morning? So it would be my 4th day after surgery.

Ryan - four days after surgery is a little soon.  Not that you will actually fall or bang the area, but the facial expressions we all make during sports or any physical activity can cause the sutures to release a little early and it could open the wound.  If possible, see if you can put it off until Wednesday.  Sorry, but this suggestion reduced you chance of having a problem.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC