Oral Surgery/Side

Side 2
Side 2  
QUESTION: So this looks like teeth are pushing in right? Do u see anything out of the ordinary like I see a whitish skin thickening on the side.

ANSWER: Steve the whitish portion of inflamed and irritated is just a protective mechanism by the body to assist in healing (like what happens with a scar).

QUESTION: But how can I fix the inadvertent running or pressing against teeth? Is that orthodontic work?

No -  orthodontics will not completely help.  Probably the best way would be for you to work with a speech therapist.  These specialists train individuals to use their tongue in speech, but also help with patients who have tongue thrusts. I have never examined you, but an evaluation of thrusting would be a good choice.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC