Oral Surgery/Thank you

QUESTION: I understand. Thanks for everything. But regardless of this investigation of the cause you still don't believe it's anything serious?

ANSWER: I think you should just forget about your tongue.

QUESTION: Believe me dr Joel I would love to forget about tongue! But the red patch, the fissures, and slight dryness or burning hasn't gone away. I get these sometimes too. Inside lower lip little red dots almost
Like I bite it or from acidic stuff. What are these. I attached a second pic of tongue area this morning when I wake up. Looks so much better in morning

Leave it alone or see a psychotherapist to help.  I know that these medical specialists, can help you focus on normalcy and forget your impressions of normal.  I know this, cause my wife is a psychotherapist and I have referred many to her.  So seek a psychotherapist near you to help you look at the important things in your life and not what you think is real.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC