Oral Surgery/Tongue marks

Question
Bbbb
Bbbb  
Bbbb
Bbbb  
QUESTION: So those lines to me look like occlusion marks or indentations from running of teeth perhaps. They run all the way up the side of tongue. Can you try to explain this. How is it that when I wake up from sleep it is very less red. Even from a nap it is less red. Could be related to dry mouth or some allergy or a reaction to a medication? But please don't dismiss this as normal looking. It's obviously something with the big red spot and these deep cracks or fissures. Please tell me what u think possibilities are without saying leave it alone because I see no improvement over a very long time. I don't have anyone else to ask so I enjoy hearing your input and I value it.

ANSWER: Steve -What you show and describe is completely normal.  The indentations on the tongue from the teeth is normal.  Redness varies daily.

Cc
Cc  

Xx
Xx  
QUESTION: So what are your final thoughts about this ? U just think it's getting irritated but don't know why? How do u know it's nothing systemic or malignant? It doesn't resemble Yeast or geographic tongue? Mouth dryness? It's something.

Answer
Steve-  you need a doctor who sees you frequently, takes pictures of your tongue and tries to create a sequence history of the changes in your tongue and you what might be going on in your private life.  Then and only then can any changes be determined.

Just so you know, you cannot look at this objectively and arrive at the answers you want.  You need a skilled doctor.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired