Oral Surgery/oral


I wanted to know the full process of the procedure I need.im 24 and still have my baby k9 teeth My dentist told me the adult ones are in my gums crooked so they can't come down so they reffered me to and oral dentist...what will the next steps be

Thyma - there are a number of options, depending on the position of the permanent teeth.  Surgical exposure of those teeth and, if there is any mobility to the teeth, a wire can be attached to pull the teeth down.  If the teeth are fused to the bone the options are limited.  The teeth may need to be surgically removed and dental implants are placed in that position and allow it to heal.

Seeing a board certified oral and maxillofacial is best.  That doctor will examine the area, take xrays and give you options.  

I hope the simplest treatment is what you need.  

Oral Surgery

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired


I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.


Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.