Oral Surgery/oral

Question
I wanted to know the full process of the procedure I need.im 24 and still have my baby k9 teeth My dentist told me the adult ones are in my gums crooked so they can't come down so they reffered me to and oral dentist...what will the next steps be

Answer
Thyma - there are a number of options, depending on the position of the permanent teeth.  Surgical exposure of those teeth and, if there is any mobility to the teeth, a wire can be attached to pull the teeth down.  If the teeth are fused to the bone the options are limited.  The teeth may need to be surgically removed and dental implants are placed in that position and allow it to heal.

Seeing a board certified oral and maxillofacial is best.  That doctor will examine the area, take xrays and give you options.  

I hope the simplest treatment is what you need.  

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired