Oral Surgery/Afraid/Suspect of Dry Socket

Lower Right Wisdom Tooth
Lower Right Wisdom Too  
I had my wisdom teeth extracted 5 days ago my right lower wisdom tooth took sometime to take it out. As I write this question, the status is as shown in the attached picture. I was wondering if the normal healing procesess is occuring. I still have some moderate pain and taking antibiotics and antipains too. Should I suspect dry socket from the look of the image?

Gash -  I can't be sure just by looking at that picture, but if it is a dry socket, you will have pain, but a bad odor from your mouth and a bad taste is a way to define what there.  If the pain does not resolve, you need to get back to the dentist and the dentist needs to evaluate the socket and treat it if it is a dry socket.  So you you have a very bad breath and pain, see the dentist.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired

I am a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon available to answer questions related to tooth extractions, implant insertion, facial recontruction, facial and oral tumor removal, TMJ dysfunction and various successful treatments, including surgery if all else fails, and occlusal discrepancy requiring orthognathic or jaw surgery.

Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon practicing for over 20 years. Assistant Clincal Professor at State University School of Dentistry.

American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons

BA- University of Connecticut DMD-University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency - Roosevelt Hospital, NYC