Oral Surgery/Excruciating pain

Hi. I had a back tooth pulled out 2 days ago, since then I have been in so much pain, and I can't open my mouth all the way. I have been taking aleve, 800mg motrin, and the pain does not go away, even with these pain meds. I've had a back tooth pulled before(10 years ago), and the pain was no where near as close as the pain I am experiencing right now. I can not function.I can't eat, sleep or anything. It is 1 o'clock in the morning here in Philadelphia, and I am about to go to the ER, because I am in so much pain. Do u have any suggestion for me? I need help, I feel like I am dying.

I hope the pain has subsided. Post op pain also depends in whether patient is a smoker or drinks alcohol. If non of these then you might have infection or dry socket. I believe first thing you should do is contact your dentist or surgeon who took this tooth out.  You need to be seen and evaluated.
Good luck  

Oral Surgery

Majid Jamali, D.M.D. Fellowship trained in corrective jaw surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Full scope Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthognathic Surgery, Genioplasty and Anesthesiology I have completed an additional two years of fellowships in orthognathic surgery and anesthesiology field.

Faculty at numerous hospitals

New York Dental Society Journal

Tufts University: Dental School SUNY Down-State Medical Center: OMFS residency Robertwood Johnson Medical Center: Anesthesiology fellowship Lenox Hill hospital: Orthognathic fellowship