Oral Surgery/Jaw,chin

Question
Jale
Jale  

Jaw
Jaw  
Hello I have a protruding chin . A long v shaped jaw .i want it rounder the chin and jaw.some surgeons want to set it back or remove the soft tissue. But taking away my soft tissue leaves me with a recessive chin.it would look too far behind my nose. Some wanted to shorten it . How could I rounden it? Thank you

Answer
Jale-I see that there is a jaw discrepancy of the way the upper and lower jaws come together. There are a few different potential causes, but I would need appropriate
xrays of your jaws to arrive at a cause and method to appropriately fix the relationship of the upper to lower  
Jaws.

Better yet if you can tell me where you live I can give you the names of appropriate and some of the best surgeons who treat this situation. So get back to me and I'll soon send you names.  If you have additional questions, feel free to ask.

Oral Surgery

Joel S. Teig, DMD, Diplomate ABOMS, retired